Happy Independence Day!
Celebrate the long weekend with barbecued dishes, chilled wine, and close friends.
In honor of American Independence Day, indulge in some of the best wines offered by American wineries.
NV Roederer Estate Brut Rosé Anderson Valley
- Varietal: Blend
- A true American beauty. This wine shows complexity and smoothness as one tastes the flavors bread crusts, baked apples, and fruit candy.
- This crisp and acidic wine tastes delicious with fried foods.
2012 Liquid Farm White Hill Chardonnay
- Varietal: Chardonnay
- Similiar to Chablis in style, this wine shows flavors of yellow peach, Asian pear, candied ginger, and lavender cream.
- Ideal pairing dishes for this wine are sushi and lightly grilled fish.
2012 Atavus Rosé of Pinot Noir
- Varietal: Pinot Noir
- Soulful and classy, this wine is both refreshing and dry. You'll taste flavors of strawberries, melons, Turkish delights, and sourdough.
- This salmon-colored wine tastes wonderful with seared meats and red sauce based pasta.
2012 Beringer Cabernet Sauvignon Knights Valley
- Varietal: Cabernet Sauvignon
- This dark red wine has aromas of dark blue fruits and spices. Flavors of cassis, sweet licorice, and a juicy core are combined with nice acidity and a lingering finish.
- A great wine for thick cuts of grilled meats.
North Fork of Long Island
- Varietal: Merlot
- Flavors of blueberries and spice with earthy minerality. This wine is juicy and elegant.
- Pair with white meats and dishes with mild spices.