1. POSH Cuvée
Winery: Colchester Ridge Estate Winery (CREW)
Region:Lake Eerie North Shore and Pelee Island
- Varietal: Chardonnay, Riesling, Vidal and Gewurztraminer.
- Awards: GOLD, 2015 Finger Lakes International Wine Competition, SILVER, 2014 Shores of Erie Wine Awards, HONOURS, BEST VALUE, 2015 Intervin
- It is a refreshing white wine blending some of the most interesting, fragrant and flattering noble varietals in the world resulting in an off dry utterly pleasant wine. Chardonnay lends it structure while the nose is wooed by the pleasing notes of rose petals, limes, melons and Pineapples from the trio of Gewurztraminer, Vidal, and Riesling. Medium bodied wine with a smooth finish of great value. Excellently priced.
- Ideal with summer fare, especially slightly spicy curries and barbeques, as well as soft cheesy aperitifs.
2. Pensiery Merlot 2013
Winery: Colaneri Estate Winery
Region: Niagara On The Lake
- Varietals: 100% Merlot
- A dry Appassimento style ruby red wine made with 80% dried fruit. The predominant flavors are of black cherries, plums, currants and raspberries typical of the varietal. The wine is smooth, silky, softer and rounder on the tongue, and pleasantly low in tannins. Merlot is often blended with older and sterner varietals for complexity, however this is one of the best Merlot only wines we have tasted that is distinctive and full of character.
- Goes very well with lamb and Beef amongst red meats.
3. Wayne Gretzky Estates 2014
Winery: Trius Winery
- Varietals: Shiraz and Cabernet Sauvignon and Cabernet Franc.
- This is a full bodied fruit forward wine redolent with the unmistakable aura of black currants, plums and blueberries and spicy undertones. The purity of the fruits and varietal character speaks volumes of the fine vineyards of Niagara on the Lake where they come from. Perhaps the complexity of the wine is a result of the individual varietals being aged in oak barrels for nine months prior to being blended and then aged for a further three months before they are bottled. No short cuts and a lot of attention to technique you will agree. Worth aging for future consumption.
- Goes very well with the sharp taste of aged cheddar as well as grilled steaks, a rack of lamb and other exciting games.
2012 Chosen FEW
Winery: Fielding Estate Winery
- Varietal: Cabernet Franc, Syrah and Cabernet Sauvignon
- A richly layered, well-structured deep and dense red wine of superlative quality and firm tannins. Red fruits, dried herbs, toasty accents give it a huge range of flavors increasing in complexity as the wine lingers on your palate. The velvety dry wine expresses all the promise of its famed varietals.
- This outstanding wine is perfect with rich expensive cuts of meats either roasted or grilled.
2014 Gamay Noir
Winery: Chateau Des Charmes
- Varietal: 100% Gamay Noir
- Niagara On The Lake
- Light and aromatic this medium bodied purplish red wine is perfect for summer evening irrespective of the dinner menu. Apart from its gorgeous color it is truly flexible and food friendly. Steel barrel fermentation allows the wine to be slightly chilled making it perfect for patio drinking pleasures. The fresh juicy wine is easy drinking with all the red fruit flavours you could crave, mixed with spice and mouth cleansing acidity.
- Excellent with pizzas and pastas.